Open Morning – Friday 18th October, 10:00am to 11:30am
The Open Morning officially runs between 10 am and 11:30 am. However, I would like to also invite you and your child/children to our Sharing Assembly beforehand, so you can see our whole school come together to celebrate the achievements of the children that week. The children from all classes will be showing some of the work that we have been doing and we will also recognise outstanding effort and/or achievement through our Stars of the Week certificates. If you would like to attend the Sharing Assembly it begins at 9:20 am and finishes at 9:45 am.
Below is an approximate timetable for the Open Morning:
|9:20 am – 9:45 am||Sharing Assembly:
· Visiting parents invited to watch the Sharing Assembly ahead of the Open Morning officially beginning.
|9:45 am – 10:15 am||Tea/coffee/cake/sausage rolls – meet governors, PTA members and the Headteacher|
|10:15 am – 10:25 am||Brief introduction to the school from the Headteacher|
|10:25 am – 10:50 am||Working with the class teacher and Class 1 pupils:
· Miss Foote to read Elmer story to the children and parents.
· Children and parents take part in activities based on the Elmer story within the classroom and outside area.
|10:50 am – 11:05 am||Music with Sarah Clark, our specialist teacher:
· Parents and children to join Sarah in school hall for a short session together.
|11:05 am – 11:30 am||A tour of the school and the grounds with the Headteacher:
· Depending on numbers this tour maybe split into 2 groups.
|11:30 am||Parents leave with:
· A leaflet of information of forthcoming dates of events you may wish to attend and the application deadline.
· A new school prospectus.
Important things to remember:
- The Open Morning at our school is not just an event for parents, we would like you to bring your child/children too, so they can get a taste of what it would be like to be part of Ashdon Primary School.
- When you arrive at our school site you need to sign in at our school office and you will be given a visitor pass for the morning. This applies whether you arrive ahead of the Sharing Assembly or just before 10 am official start. Please remember to sign out and hand back your pass/passes when you leave.
- The purpose of the morning is to give you and your child/children an introductory taster of our school but I appreciate you might want to still have some time with me individually. If you would like to arrange an individual tour/meeting with me, or you have some additional questions you wish to ask, then please phone the school office or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org . I can be available for tours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (morning only), as I teach the children on the other times during the week.
Welcome to Ashdon Primary School, a Community school for 5-11 year olds based in Essex.
Ashdon Primary School is situated less than four miles from both Saffron Walden & Linton, at the heart of a thriving rural village community, with breakfast and after-school clubs provided to support working parents.
We hope you enjoy our website, if you have any queries please get in touch!
Our new Reception childrens’ first day in school on 4th September 2019: